Indigenous fair trade ponchos#50Regular price $145.00 Sale price $99.99
Indigenous fair trade ponchos are all made from either the finest, lanolin-free, hypoallergenic Alpaca fibres 100% organic. All our Men's poncho styles are perfect for staying warm on a cool evening or dressing up an outfit. Like all of our ethically made clothing, each piece was created by artisans using time-honored traditions, working in safe conditions, and earning a living wage
How to clean your Poncho
- Fill a clean sink or tub with cold water and a small amount of mild liquid detergent like baby shampoo or a fine fibres formula. (Using hot water, or even two different temperatures of water, will “shock” the fibres, making them mat together and start turning into felt.) Do not use chlorine bleach or even gentle Woolite,
- Soak the garment for 3 to 5 minutes, gently squeezing the suds through the garment. Avoid twisting, wringing, scrubbing, or otherwise agitating it, as this will cause felting. Dyed garments will have some chance of bleed,
- Rinse the garment twice in clean, cold water and gently squeeze out the excess. Be gentle handling it to avoid wrinkles and distortion.
- Lay the garment between two towels, roll up the towels and set it aside for a few minutes.
- Place the garment on a dry towel or sweater rack and reshape (do not hang to dry). Let it dry away from sunlight and direct heat.
- If the garment is wrinkled after drying, you can steam it lightly with an iron, or simply hang it up in the bathroom, run the shower, and let the steam ease away the creases.